Digital Revolution in HR (or HR 2.0)
HR 1.0 placed a premium on administrative versus talent-centric value propositions, i.e. moving offline tasks online, automating processes and delivering compliance. But with the transition to a talent-centric economy, the market now has moved beyond a focus on administration and process. It desires a new breed of HR processes and tools (mostly in SaaS), in order to aligns business goals with talent versus aligning business goals with process.
Introduction to Enterprise and HR 2.0
Some interesting articles to read:
- How AI is changing Human Resources
- The Rise and Fall of HR as a Department by Laetitia Vitaud
- New York Times Serie on "Reimaginating the Office"
- "In Between Waves" by Laetitia Vitaud
- Slashlane Magasine
- The Community Roundtable blog
- TheFamily blog
- "Welcome to the Post Work Economy" by FastCoexist
- "When your boss is an algorithm" by FT
- "People analytics: Gaining speed" by Deloitte
Marketplaces for freelancers:
People analytics is a data-driven approach to managing people at work. Decisions about employees could now be taken based on deep analysis of data rather than traditional methods of personal relationships, decision making based on experience, and risk avoidance.
People Analytics includes recruiting, performance evaluation, leadership, hiring and promotion, job design, compensation, and collaboration.
- Employee retention and engagement has become a high priority issue, driving the need to understand what drives the employee experience.
- Organizations are redesigning themselves around teams, and need data to understand how people best work together.
- People Analytics function now has a clear mission.
- People Analytics profession is now growing rapidly. Staff skills and expertise are available.
- Data Management still remains a challenge.
- Predictive modeling is becoming common, but really learning how to apply this information is very tricky.
- Tools and platforms are here, but there are no Unicorns or Gorillas yet.
- People Analytics is not a small, central team any more: it must extend into the organization.
- People analytics needs to build an open, extensive architecture to be ready for growth.
- Insuring security, privacy, and confidentiality is now a critical issue.
People Analytics can be done internally (like at Google) or based on SaaS software, like the ones presented below.
- Clustree / Cornestone / Culture Amp / Entelo / Fama / Gild / Glint / HiQ / HireVue / Korus / Praditus / Saberr / Visier / VoloMetrix
Several case studies were made public:
- The Email Game: Applies gameplay mechanics to the process of working through your inbox.
- Life Game: Fun, simple and effective way to improve the quality of your life.
- Level-up your life: Using gaming to learn how to become organised.
- Branchout: Gamify life at work.
- Multipoly: a virtual application to PwC
- co.uk: The British equivalent of the National Security Agency uses this website to attract qualified candidates.
- REVEAL: L’Oreal gaming platform, complete with avatars and rewards, to test candidate knowledge and skill sets.
- Explore Data Science.
The most known platforms are the following ones:
DAO and Blockchain
A DAO is an organization that is run through rules encoded as computer programs called smart contracts. In a DAO, people are matched for collaboration towards realizing a goal and their proof of work is encoded within the blockchain, in a peer-to-peer way, without involving any trusted tier.
It is now then possible to measure how employee are collaborating and to prove their engagement via non repudiable facts.
- "La blockchain et l'avenir du travail" by Philippe Honigman.
HR Related Articles in French
- La blockchain donne un coup de vieux aux RH traditionnelles
- Les travailleurs du savoir face à la révolution digitale
- La symétrie des attentions pour améliorer le service et l’engagement
- Les chercheurs d’or de l’ère Digitale sont dans votre entreprise
Pour finir, je recommande :