The unrelenting pressure to deliver more application functionality in less time has given rise to Agile Development as a development methodology and “DevOps” as a methodology for continuously building and deploying applications in different environments (development, test, staging, production). The rise of programmatic infrastructure and the new capabilities offered by cloud platforms and devops tools are enabling an incredible level of automation.
Introduction to Devops
A short introduction to the subject is presented below.
- Amazon blog Devops and AWS CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline and CloudFormation
- Codenvy: Cloud workspaces for development teams
- Continuous Delivery Blog by Jez Humble
- Overops Blog (ex. Takipi)
- Stackshare: Real Devops stacks examples
- The Agile Admin
- Continuous Delivery: Reliable Software Releases through Build, Test, and Deployment Automation by Martin Fowler (Addison-Wesley)
- The Phoenix Project: A Novel about IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win by Gene Kim, Kevin Behr, George Spafford (IT Revolution Press)
- Release It!: Design and Deploy Production-Ready Software by Michael T. Nygard