Introduction to API
In this presentation we describe what is an API and the differences with an Open API. Then we present how APIs could impact your organization, by reusing existing APIs or by creating your own. Then, we will embark on the Programmable Economy, and discuss APIs as product or in platform, and APIs business models.
Designing and delivering your API
Once you have an API strategy, it's time to start building and delivering it. RESTFul APIs concept is presented first, and then, we discuss how to describe, promote and manage your APIs. We also discuss the Backend As A Service (BAAS) services and share some Best Practices and Lessons Learned.
To know more about API, you can have a look at :
- ProgrammableWeb API university
- Matthias Biehl API University and its Books
- Apigee Academy
- 3Scale API Codex
- Nordic APIs
- Kin Lane, The API evangelist and its "API deployment guide" or "API Management Providers Guide"
- Octo Technology "How to design a RESTful API" and the "Design Reference Card"
- "One API, Many facades" from Guillaume Laforge (co-founder of restlet) about Experience API (or APIs for the mobile World)
- A Practical API Design Framework: Noun As Resource With HyperLinks (NARWHL)
- Writing OpenAPI specification Tutorial
- HTTP Status Code Map
- Tutorial on documenting an API
- RESTful Web API Help Documentation using Swagger UI and Swashbuckle